22 June 2012

Ten Days

There are just ten days before I jet off to Australia for the next five months.  I'm uber excited, but everything's happening oh, so fast.  Just a few months ago, I was just thinking about going off and exploring the world that has always just been a daydream to me.  And now?  It's all about to happen.  I really can't wait!

With leaving being so close, there are so many things that still must be done.  Like figuring out what I'm going to bring, and packing it so I can still have lots of space so I can shop and find things in Australia that I want.  Like shoes and souvenirs.  And maybe a sweatshirt from the university I'll be attending for the next year.

And there's still finding out where I'll be living while there.  But I don't get to find out about that until next Wednesday.  So I'll just be left in the dark until then....

There's probably a lot more things that I still have to do, but I can't think of them.  I'm working out which books to bring, and I've got most of my iPod playlists ready to go (I only have about 150 of them....).

Anywhoo.  I had my last day at work yesterday, so now it's real.  I mean, it was real before then, but now it's feeling super close.  And I picked up my Australian and New Zealand money from the bank, too. (Why is it underlining "Zealand"? Not only is it a word, it's a proper noun! Geez!) That was very exciting.  (As he was bringing it over, I got that twisted feeling of excitement in the pit of my stomach.)

Today, Dad has the day off, so were going to get my piece of crap blackberry all ready for the trip over (I'll be getting a new one (not a blackberry, a cell phone) once I'm there and sending this one back). And I think we're getting some beer, wine, and possibly coolers (as I don't like wine or beer, blech). All varieties from Australia, for our Australian barbecue this weekend. And I have to stop by Mom's work to sign something for a bursary, and then go get my contacts and glasses. There's probably something else I'm planning on doing, but it's not coming to me right now.

Yesterday, I signed up for Skype. Tried adding people, but that wasn't working.  Nothing seems to to working for me technology-wise this week. sigh.

Whatever, though.  I should get going. I have to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with Dad and where we were meeting and when (he's getting his truck all dolled up this afternoon, I believe).

Until later! xx

1 comments:

Rio said...

You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

Lets keep writing and blogging

Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

Post a Comment

 
;