09 July 2012

First Day of Classes

I had my first class today.  It was fine.  He gave us a copy of the sides that he had prepared so that we could follow along, which was wonderful.  I could listen to what he had to say and what his examples were without having to worry about coping the notes down.

I also found out that, with the exception of class on Wednesday, there will only be tutorials until after the mid-session break.  So that means no Psychological Testing classes until the beginning of September.  But he also gave us a CD that contains the next weeks of lectures, so that we can learn it on our own terms, as apparently it's a little tricky.  We'll be expected to know the stuff by the tutorials, so that'll keep me motivated to actually do the work.  Plus, there will be a massive test on it when we do have classes again.

However, I don't have a CD player or a disc drive on my lap top.  So I either have to buy one, borrow one, or see if someone with a disc drive can rip the CD for me and send them to me.  Haha, I'm hoping for the third option, actually...  We'll see how it goes, though. :)

He also told us that we should sign up for a tutorial, and put our preference down for whichever time slot we'd like.  Of course, even though I picked one, it doesn't mean that I'll be getting it.  But you know what?  Even if I don't get the one I'd like, it doesn't really matter.  If I got the later tutorial, it would just give me more time to study before class.

So, with not having classes most of the time in this subject, it means that there are weeks when I'll only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and a tutorial on Monday afternoon.  Which will be really nice!

Other than that, at lunch I thought I would try something new and got the 'sweet chili and chicken stir fry'.  Yeah, I won't be getting that again.  The chicken and rice were fine, I just didn't like some of the vegetables that were in it, nor did I like the sauce stuff.  (Bleck, there was baby corn!)

After lunch, I headed to town in order to set up a bank account.  But when I got there, one of the two people able to do so was at lunch and the other was with a customer.  So, I went and did my shopping and it was while I was on my way back to the bank that I realised I wasn't sure about what my postbox number was.  And because my phone doesn't work here, I couldn't find the email I had sent off to Mom with it.  Whoops!

After that, I headed back to campus, decided that I could either go back later today or go back tomorrow.  I went with the latter, seeing as it's about 4pm now and that's when the bank closes.  Haha.

At least I did some shopping and got a couple things I had decided I didn't need yesterday.  Oh well.  At least it's good excise!  Haha.

Well, I'm going to go.  I need to get sugar (it's only $0.50 from the Mini Mart, whereas in town it's about $2 more for the same size), and the store closes at 5pm.

TTFN! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;