23 July 2012

Hey, Hey, Hey!

I've had a rather accomplished day today, and it feels great!

Today, I woke up with my alarm at 7:50AM, pressed snooze, and woke again just before 8:00AM.  Where I decided it was time to get out of bed and put my slippers on.  After a moment's thought and remembrance that I don't have class on Monday's until 1:00PM and breakfast is on until 9:30, I decided it would be fine if I used the extra time to sleep.  So I reset my alarm for 9, and went back to sleep, waking promptly at 9AM.

After that, I hurried to get ready and to breakfast before the dinning hall closed.  Had the usual, with a slight twist: english muffin with honey (the twist, I usually have either an english muffin or toast with butter) and corn flakes with skim milk and sugar (I really only like frosted flakes or something like that, so I really need the sugar, haha!), and this morning, I had to have water instead of orange juice as there wasn't any juice in the machine and it tasted like extremely watered down orange juice.

Anyways, when I was done, I headed back to my dorm, where I began studying.  I realised that I learned a lot of the information during a class I had to take last year, so I ended up skimming through the notes.  When I was about three pages into the textbook reading, my phone rang, and Mom was calling.  yey!

I talked with Mom for a while, found out that she switched my blackberry over to an iPhone4, as she thought that I liked iPhones.  I'm an android girl, but it doesn't really matter to me.  I have my nice new phone here, and that's fine with me. :D  I don't really remember what else we talked about.  A little about the F1 race that was on last night and some other stuff.

I returned to studying after I hung up with Mom, and then headed to lunch, where I had my usual wrap there: plain wrap, with turkey, ham, chicken tenders, cheese, and two slices of cucumber.  haha, the girl remembers it, which is really awesome and why I always try to go to her. :)  I was almost finished eating when I was called over to come sit at a different table... so I moved over there and finished eating with them.  I recognised one of the guys from a night I was out at the bars, and a couple others looks familiar, as in I had seen them around campus and around the dorms, but nothing more.

Anyway, after lunch, I headed to my tutorial and that was kind of boring, but whatever.  I went back to my dorm after that and decided that since I had such a gluttonous weekend that I would hit the gym in an hour.  And so I did.  And it was awesome.  I came back, showered, went to dinner, put on some laundry, as I noticed a mark on the back of my favourite jacket (D:), and then ended up playing dorm sports!  Hahah!

Dorm sports.  Whoever's playing is either playing European Hand Ball or Net Ball.  This week, we played Net Ball, which has roots in basketball, but is still very different.  All I was really told about it (which was enough to get by, haha) was that when you have the ball, you can't move, you can only pass the ball.  And whatever position you play, you have to stay in certain areas and out of others.  I played three positions throughout the game, so I got a bit confused after the first switch and since I was going back to almost the same position with the next, it was a bit easier.  Hahah.  Sadly, part way through the game, one of the girls on our team heard her ankle snap and had to be taken to the hospital.  Yikes!  I really hope she's okay!

The other team gave us one of their many players and we continued the game.  And we ended up winning, 8-6!  Alright!  That's not bad!  haha!

I also forgot about my laundry and it's still mostly wet, but I'm much too lazy and tired to go bring it back down to the laundry room and throw it back in the dryer.  -__-  It's two floors down....  yeah.

So that was today.  Oh right!  We got interviewed at dinner today about ResLife and campus life and the food and all that.  It was kind of weird but alright.  haha!

Two weeks ago, I had my first big night out in Australia.  Harry Potter night.  It was a lot of fun.  We went out the Saturday that followed, too, and that wasn't quite as fun, but still lots of fun, too.  haha.  I really don't know why I went out when I was exhausted before then, but I still did.  Before that, we watch Atonement and ordered pizza.  But I seem to recall I've mentioned this before?  Anyways.

Thursday was a huge night!  One of the guys had his 21st birthday at a bar in town, so we went to that and got free drinks, as he had a tab going.  It was really only supposed to be for beer or wine, but someone convinced him to buy seven of us vodka and whatevers.  So I had one of those with lemonade, haha.  When we left, we headed back to the dorms, drank a bit more, before headed over to the real party: Drs and Nurses!  Hahah, We went over just before 10PM, I met a whole bunch of people, danced, had an alright time, and then tired to escape from this guy who wouldn't leave me be.  Ungh.  I was in my room around 12:45PM, but didn't go to be for another while.

But I was abruptly awoken by a huge crowd.  I could hear them outside my door, so I was thinking that they were just passing.  And then I heard one of the guys yelling at them to shut up, and was half-asleep-thinking, "You go, Ben!  That'll do the trick!"  So I went to go back to sleep completely, but of course it didn't do anything, so I stumbled out of bed and into the hall, where the top floor of our dorm was gathered.  I noticed that it was about 4AM.  This went on for a while.  Security was called, but was in effective, I got into a heated argument with a douche in the common common room who was trying to take the chairs from there and bring them to the breezy outside to sit on.  RAs were called, but it still went on for a while longer.  Finally around 20 to 5, everyone was finally gone (I don't know how it happened, as the door was locked so they couldn't get in and hurt anyone else, as they had already attacked a few people in the dorm), and we were able to go to bed.  Finally!  Of course, I couldn't really fall back to sleep...  And luckily, I didn't have any classes on Friday, so I didn't have to worry about missing anything if I did sleep in or all day.

On Saturday, I decided to watch Mr Bean and Mr Bean's Holiday.  Both really funny.  And then watched an episode of a show to kill the time before having to head over to see a movie with some friends at another dorm and order pizza.  We watched 10 Things I Hate About You.  When I got back to my dorm, I was invited to watch another movie, American Pie: Band Camp, so joined in on that, too.  Haha, I also decided to start re-watching Hart of Dixie, so did that all weekend (I'm now up to the 11th episode, which is just shy of half way through....there are 22 episodes....  haha, whoops!).  I spent all day Sunday watching Hart of Dixie (if you haven't seen it or heard of it, you should check it out!  It's a really great show, and I really love it!), and snacking on leftover pizza, cookies, chocolate, and Pringles.  Ungh. (Which is why I had to go to the guy today...and I'll probably be there as much as possible throughout the rest of this week, too.  haha!)

Well, I'm rambling now, and I have nothing else to say, really, so I'll go.
TTFN, xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;